Gray Trap Rock Boulders, Moss Boulders, Chilton Boulders and River Boulders are among the more popular landscaping boulders available at Patio Town.
You can create a walkway that looks like a dry stream bed by combining large and small boulders with a flagstone path. Boulders can help you in creating landscaped water features, such as artificial ponds and other interesting accents, plus walls and borders.
When you landscape with boulders, you'll want to consider these issues.
- Boulders are heavy, so plan carefully. Once a boulder is set in place, it will be hard to move.
- Building a wall of boulders more than 3 feet tall requires geogrid soil reinforcement.
- Chilton limestone rock is more porous that harder types of rock, such as River Rock. Over time, porous rock can show more weathering.
- Moss Boulders are typically River Rock with moss growing on one side. These boulders come in a variety of sizes look great as accents in gardens, along walkways and within other landscaped areas.
- River Jacks are flatter boulders ideal for decorative landscaping.
We also carry many sizes of artificial boulders that are zoo-quality replicas perfect for covering well heads and other yard obstacles. These faux boulders are made of concrete or fiberglass and are easy to relocate around your yard. Fake boulders actually look great!